"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
Michelangelo
Welcome! This blog is about my random thoughts, colourful pictures and paintings, some of my pencil drawings, reflections on things I feel strongly about and my experiences as I journey through life. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions, but please refrain from spam, racist or uncomfortable comments. Thanks for visiting!

Friday 18 November 2011

Hope

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops—at all

And sweetest in the Gale is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest Sea
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb—of Me.

Emily Dickinson

Without hope, there are no dreams of tomorrow.
Dare to dream, dare to hope.


11 comments:

  1. Nice.... I like the way you have maintained the look and feel of your blog.

    Please do visit my blog too :

    your-cityguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful poem by Emily Dicknson...thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reminder of the importance of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Hilary,Ashok and Yourcityguide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following your blog as I think it is lovely. I love poems and this one is beautiful. I asked for a sign of a feather from heaven and here it is right in your poem. How awesome is that :D Thanks for visiting my blogs. Have a fab day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in signs too and this is indeed a good sign! and thanks for your kind comment Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice poem Ruby. I also liked the quotes at the end - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem! :)And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby, Thanks for coming by my blog. What a lovely poem by Emily Dickinson. Sometimes we forget to look back and enjoy poetry from the great poets of the past. I'm glad to have opportunity to read her beautiful words. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruby, thanks for following my blog! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Thanks also for bringing these great poets back to my attention. I was never an Emily Dickinson fan in high school, but now as I read this I have no idea why. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comment Poonam, Dave, Mickie and Robin! I am always amazed by Emily Dickinson.Her poems are simple yet, very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.