"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
Michelangelo
Welcome! This blog is about my random thoughts, colourful pictures and paintings, some of my pencil drawings, reflections on things I feel strongly about and my experiences as I journey through life. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions, but please refrain from spam, racist or uncomfortable comments. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday 17 December 2011

Woman Drawings


There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

Washington Irving


(Please click to enlarge)





Mirabai
I drew Mirabai with her statue as a reference. Unfortunately, I didn't get the hands right :((



17 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the first drawing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Ruby..... very well done.

    have a nice weekend,

    Greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the expression on the first drawing. Something about it gets me thinking as to what she is thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are the marvelous piece of art, you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice drawings, I like very much those clean lines.
    Greetings from Asturias, Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good drawings Ruby. I specially liked the penetrating eyes on your first one - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Dropped in through Ash. Great quote from Washington Irving and remarkable sketches. Do take time to visit my blog.Warm Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are delightful. And I think the hands are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good drawings! I love the first and the last ones. Happy Holidays, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello.
    You are very creative Ruby. You have a good eye for detail. I love what you did with "Julia".
    Very nice work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    For ref:
    An Inscription Of Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Adrian, Joop, Bob, Sprinkles, digital.., Xurde Radio, Ramakrishnan and Sandy. I am glad you enjoyed these.

    Happy holidays Sapphire!

    @Red, Dave - I was intrigued by her expression too.. :)

    Andy, I can't believe it that you found it was Julia :))) Although the pic is okay, it is a far cry from the reference I used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful pictures,
    These days I wish peace and happiness come to your house.
    Happy Holidays!.
    a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your wishes, Ricardo! Happy holidays to you too!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are wonderful. You've captured some wonderful expressions here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.