"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
Michelangelo
Welcome! This blog is about my random thoughts, colourful pictures and paintings, some of my pencil drawings, reflections on things I feel strongly about and my experiences as I journey through life. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to add your comments and suggestions, but please refrain from spam, racist or uncomfortable comments. Thanks for visiting!

Monday 15 September 2014

Paintings from India

 I hope all my friends in blogland are great. :))
Here are some paintings from India. Hope you enjoy them :))

They are ancient Indian paintings.

Ascetic seated on a Leopard's skin

Raja Ravi Verma - Princess Damayandhi
Lord Krishna
Girl playing Veena to a Parrot
Rajput Painting

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!
    Thanks for visiting my friend!

    Good week......"."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings, are they yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob - Thanks!! No, I took them from the history of art in India sites. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful paintings. It is great to see such good artwork from India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to know that you are still around Ruby. I find the second one of Princess Damayandhi and the swan very wistful and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Namaste-
    Thank You for sharing these works, and for your kind visit. You are most welcome! Return anytime



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back.
    I have never been to India so I enjoy seeing the world through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That painting by Ravi Varma is really a famous one. Its almost in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GB - Thanks!! Yes, you are right. The picture is the scene where Damayanthi is separated from her husband, Nala and is yearning for him as she speaks to the swan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you back posting again. Thanks for nudging me with a visit.

    These are very colourful.. good choice for your comeback post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful display of paintings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful. The second one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hello, Ruby.

    Great photographing. Design, composition and ideas. Very sweet atmosphere.

    Greetings and hugs.

    Have a good weekend. From Japan, ruma❃

    ReplyDelete
  14. Make sure we enjoy these beautiful paintings.
    It is a delight to the eye.
    A kiss and a hug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss your comments and paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.